Cultivating Mindful Health & Well-Being to Improve Quality of Life
Thank you for visiting Sequoia Psychology website, chances are, if you are here, you have already decided to make some life changes.
Sequoia Psychology provides excellent psychological health services that sincerely support our clients, to show them how to make the changes they need to live better, despite life’s stress and challenges.
Why Health Psychology?
Health and illness are influenced by a wide range of factors, often results of a combination of biological, psychological and social factors. There is a wealth of evidence that psychological therapy can be extremely effective in increasing quality of life, supporting adjustment, reaching goals and reducing anxiety and depression that can often come hand in hand with a physical health problem.
Health Psychology bring evidenced based therapy to help people develop healthy behaviours, reduce the impact of chronic stress and illness, while significantly improving quality of life.
Sequoia Psychological Health Services are led by Dr Victoria Parlane. Trained to the highest possible level of Health Psychology, Dr Victoria draws on multiple approaches to help you reach your goals.
- Cognitive behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Compassionate Focussed Therapy (CFT)
- Health Psychology models and theories of chronic illness and lifestyle factors
- Models of Behaviour Change
We Recognise Your Needs Are Unique
At Sequoia Psychology we take a completely individualistic approach and design personalised skills training programmes.
As standard practice, all services are evaluated to review outcomes and feedback for future improvements.
How Our Psychology Services Can Help You?
Sequoia Psychology has successfully supported people with many different problems, for example:
- Long-term health conditions (such as, Fibromyalgia, Cancer, Chronic Pain, Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue, and many more)
- Understanding the effects of illness
- Adjustment to illness diagnosis or treatment
- Preventing illness and health promotion
- Adherence to a medication/treatment programme
- Stress and Anxiety
- Work-related stress (Managing health for work)
- Relationship Health
- Sleep problems
- Stopping smoking
- Menopausal symptoms
- Alcohol dependence
- Physical activity and goal attainment
- Weight management
- Sexual Health – reducing risky sexual behaviours
- Teaching coping skills
- Low confidence
- Assertiveness Communication
- and much more…
If you are struggling or feeling stuck and are searching for a change, but don’t know what to do to change it, seeing a Health Psychologist is one way to help.
Even if the illness/problem you are struggling with cannot cured, learning to live well, so the illness takes a back seat (rather than driving your life) can have profound effects on your emotional well-being and increase your overall quality of life.
Please contact us now by phone (07969 380058) or by using our email form.
© 2021 Sequoia Psychology Ltd. Registered Office: 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU.
Registered in England and Wales. Company No: 9818762