For some people, pressure at work can be motivating, but when it becomes excessive it can eventually lead to work-related stress and sickness absence.
Reasons given include work pressure, lack of support from managers and work-related violence and bullying.
The way an individual deals with stress can lead to unhealthy behaviours, such as smoking and drinking too much and other risky health behaviours. All these behaviours may create further distress due to increase in health complications, such as, heart disease and diabetes, resulting in further absence from work and possibly more anxiety and depression for the individual.
Where are the sessions held? Sequoia Psychology can come to your place of work, or provide one-to-one telephone sessions, depending on your needs.
Utilising the workplace as a setting for promoting good health not only helps to protect the health well-being of employees, but it also makes good business sense.
Sequoia Psychology can provide training for management and staff, individuals and groups and can be tailor-made to your company’s requirements.
Examples of how we can help include:
- How to manage work-related stress
- How to increase self acceptance and confidence
- How to set and achieve meaningful goals
- Enhance performance
- Enhance health-related quality of working life
- Deal with sleep problems
- Enable managers to learn how to identify stressed employees before it becomes a significant problem
- Learn how to manage conflict within teams
- Remove barriers to effective communication within the company.
- Reflexive cycle – Tools for self-monitoring and future
Whether you are an employer wanting to maintain a health workforce, or an employee needing stress management skills for a return to work, please contact Sequoia Psychology.